Monday, June 6, 2011

Introduction

In my family, we have history of rosacea.

On my father's side of the family, we are of Welsh descent, and all incredibly fair skinned. Most of us (not me unfortunately) are blondes, and have the kind of skin that flushes easily and tends to burn given half a chance.






My father suffers from rosacea mainly in the form of burst blood vessels on the nose and cheeks, and a reddish pigmentation. My sister and I tend more towards the kind of rosacea that results in redness around the nose and cheeks, and scattered pimples and inflammation. I would categorise my rosacea as mild, and my sister's rosacea as medium.

It was her development of rosacea that orignally got me interested in the condition. In her early thirties, after a particularly stressful period in her life, my sister had an intense bout of rosacea for the first time. It was hard to treat, and we both did a lot of research trying to figure out a way to help ease the symptoms. My rosacea seems to be following a similar pattern, a severe bout of stress has brought on the condition after a lifetime of pretty great skin (if I do say so myself!)and I am now trying to do what I can to control the symptoms, and hopefully stop them from getting any worse.


In this blog, we hope to share what we've learned. Anyone with rosacea knows that the effects of it reach further than just our skin, it also affects our confidence. It's our hope that rosacea sufferers can find what works to keep the negative impact of this condition in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment